R4R Podcast Episode 009: Shama Ko, Girls in Gis
We’re excited to be joined in our ninth episode by Shama Ko (@shamasko), Program Director for Girls in Gis, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to building and strengthening the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu community for females and as a whole. They provide experiences that foster the community of females in the art/sport while encouraging new females to participate. Their goal is to empower and unite females in their martial arts training as well as in life.
In this episode you’ll hear:
• Shama’s early life and how she found jiu-jitsu (5:26)
• How she got involved with Girls in Gis (8:30)
• Some information about the Girls in Gis ambassador program, special events, and getting involved (13:00)
• Getting help from Seth Daniels of F2W for their first Colorado event (15:45)
• The Girls in Gis scholarship program (17:50)
• The state of women in BJJ (20:02)
Thank you Shama for joining us!