May 13, 2019
R4R Podcast Episode 005: Nicole Beach, My Bruises Are From
We’re excited to be joined in our fifth episode by Nicole Beach, Founder of My Bruises Are From. MBAF exists to raise awareness and funds to end domestic violence, empowering people to make a difference in their own communities, and to support domestic violence shelters throughout the United States.
In this episode you’ll hear:
• Nicole gives some background on her work experience and how she found BJJ through her children
• The unexpected origin of MBAF at a gas station
• Some shelters and organizations My Bruises Are From has supported and some of their ambassadors including Jessica Eye and Vanessa Wexler
• The importance of raising awareness and educating the community, especially BJJ schools
• Specific things to be aware of with domestic violence and its relationship with BJJ
• How you can help and support My Bruises Are From
We had a wonderful time chatting with Nicole, who is quite the BJJ globetrotter, very well known throughout the BJJ community and recently attended the Black Belts for Butterflies event hosted by our Episode 003 guest, Rich McKeegan. Please give it a listen!