May 6, 2019
R4R Podcast Episode 004: Andrew Myerson, Haymakers for Hope
In our fourth episode of the Rolling for a Reason podcast we are excited to be joined by Andrew Myerson, co-founder of Haymakers for Hope – a nonprofit organization giving people the opportunity to step in the boxing ring and KO cancer. These first-time fighters fundraise ASTOUNDING amounts of money, some over $100k, and each fundraiser gets to choose which 501c3 they donate their funds to.
Andrew is also a white-collar Wall Street guy turned social entrepreneur and has been a great mentor to Tap Cancer Out. He’s also a TCO board member, a husband, a father of two, an MIT Sloan and University of Pittsburgh (H2P!) graduate, a venture capitalist, and a whole lot more.
In this episode we talk about:
- His “origin story” including his work experience and introduction to MMA and boxing
- His first introduction into competing in boxing and boxing charity events
- First ideas for the groundwork of Haymakers
- The Haymakers for Hope model
- Helping the fundraisers with their incredible efforts
- The first Haymakers for Hope event
- What the future holds for Haymakers